The XJZ Project
It is the opinion of the members of this project that to many Internet users are being unacceptably exploited online. A recent threat that has arisen is that of scam websites using the concept of a survey to acquire personal information from people; it is likely that victims are not fully aware to the risks of disclosing this information, which may include sensitive details such as their email address and phone number.
This project has two general aims:
- To give advice and help protect the privacy and security of Internet users.
- To research into the use of content monetization through the acquisition of personal information and related areas such as security, human-computer interaction and marketing trends.
This project is not about, rather it is completely against:
- Tarnishing the image of surveys or questionnaires on the Internet: they are a very useful tool in ethical research and can be rewarding to complete.
- Helping people get access to content that they shouldn't have access to.
- "Hacking" or any other illegal/immoral activity.
Recent News and Research
Fake versions of this website have been spotted on the Internet. This warning gives more details about what these sites are trying to do and the danger that they pose.
The Remover Tools
A survey remover tool is currently developed that comes in two forms: as a bookmarklet and as an addon.